Online Appointment Management
To use our online facilities you must first register by completing a form available here and at Reception.
If you call the surgery to book, you will be offered the first available appointment with your preferred doctor and/or the first available appointment with any doctor. In order to improve the services we offer to our patients, and as a result of patient feedback, we have decided to make it possible for you to book some types of nurse appointments online in addition to GP appointments.
Nurse appointments available to book online:
- Injections such as Depo (contraceptive) or shingles
- Contraceptive reviews (one month before you are due to run out of contraceptives, they are not available on repeat prescription, only by appointment)
- Cervical smears (ideally you need to be mid-cycle when this is done, and the first day of your period is classed as the start of your cycle, so 2 weeks from that date is best; please call the surgery if unsure. Please note that we respectfully ask that when you attend for your smear you come alone and do not bring small children or babies with you; this is for safety reasons. We hope you will understand that it is not ideal if young children are wandering around the room unsupervised while both the nurse and parent are occupied, likewise a crying child can distract and make it difficult for important information to be relayed and absorbed by both parties.
Health Care Assistant appointments available to book online:
- B12 injections
- Pneumonia injections
- Wound dressings
- Stitch removal
- Hypertension annual reviews
- Blood pressure checks
- Ear syringing (see here for further information)
- CHD (Coronary heart disease) annual reviews (if you have received a text or letter)
- NHS Health checks (if you have received a text or letter, these are strictly by invitation only)
- New Patient checks
- ECG (only if a doctor has advised that you need this) – can only be done on Tues am or Thurs am
- You must enter the reason for your appointment so that we can identify anything that may have been inappropriately booked, and rearrange if necessary. Please note that you should not book appointments for asthma reviews, diabetic reviews, spirometry tests or Doppler tests, as these either need to be in specialist clinics at set times, or may need appointments of varying lengths of time.
Please do not book appointments with the nurse for blood tests; blood samples are taken at our Phlebotomy clinic on the ground floor which is open between 8am-12noon every weekday, no appointment is needed, it is a ‘sit and wait’ service. You will need your blood form with you. If you can only attend in the afternoon then you would need to go to the Phlebotomy clinic at Harrogate District Hospital instead which is also a ‘sit and wait’ service.
Thank you for your co-operation.
If you have already registered for our online services you can book and manage your appointments online here.
Booking an Appointment
We book appointments up to 2 months in advance and offer early morning appointments between 7.25 and 8.00am on Tuesdays in addition to the usual morning and afternoon surgeries.
- It would be very helpful if you could avoid phoning for routine appointments during the early morning rush. The best time is after 10am.
- Your co-operation with the receptionists is requested as our appointments do become booked up very quickly. They are doing their best to make the surgery run smoothly for both doctors and patients.
- If you can not keep an appointment please let us know, so it can be reallocated.
- If you don’t know exactly who you need to see then please ask the receptionists.
Please be prepared to tell the receptionist brief details of your condition if you have a medically urgent problem. This allows the receptionist to help find you the quickest care which may be a same day appointment or a telephone call from the doctor.
If you would like a chaperone to be present in the room during your appointment or examination with the doctor or nurse then please let the Receptionist know when you arrive and we will arrange this for you.
Many problems can actually be dealt with safely and efficiently over the phone, saving you a trip to the surgery, and freeing appointments for those who do need to be seen.
See here for more details.