Important Notice for Patients - APPOINTMENT BOOKING PROCEDURE
We are aware that our phone lines are extremely busy and waiting to get through can be frustrating. We have also taken on board feedback from our patients, and many tell us how they appreciate being able to communicate with us using online platforms, at a time that is convenient to them. To reduce demand on the telephone system, from January 2022 we ask that ALL patients requiring an appointment complete an eConsult Consult Online from Home - Park Parade Surgery (webgp.com). The information provided (which is confidential and comprehensive) will be reviewed by a Clinician within 48 hours. There will be a range of possible outcomes
- You will be sent a link to make a GP appointment at a time convenient for you.
- We will arrange necessary tests/investigations prior to your appointment to maximise the value of your appointment
- We can arrange an appointment with one of our allied health professionals, such as our Nursing Team, Clinical Pharmacists, Social Prescribers, Health and Wellbeing Coach, Musculoskeletal practitioners and Mental Health Practitioner.
You can also complete eConsults for medication and administrative queries such as referrals and medical notes. These will be directed to the appropriate team.
Please be reassured that those with problems requiring a more urgent response will either be flagged red by eConsult or you will be advised to contact Park Parade Surgery by telephone.
We hope these changes are beneficial and convenient for our patients. Please be reassured we are constantly reviewing and amending the system.
We thank you for your patience and understanding.
Queries to the practice
We are no longer accepting enquiries by email and instead ask that you contact us:
- using the e-consult tool (as above)
- using the NHS App
- using the secure messaging feature within SystmOnline (which also enables you to order repeat medications or request a medication that is not on repeat but that you have had within the last 12 months)
- by phone ONLY if you are not able to do any of the above
For updates and information about Coronavirus please visit our Coronavirus Updates page.
Our practice team consists of 6 GPs, musculoskeletal practitioners, a shared team (within the medical centre) of practice nurses and healthcare assistants, community midwives, counsellors and the District Nursing and Health Visitor teams.
Try the new NHS App
The NHS App – a simple and secure way to access a range of NHS services on your smartphone or tablet. You can use the NHS App to check your symptoms and get instant advice, book appointments, order repeat prescriptions, view your GP medical record and more.
If you already have online access to our secure website you can continue to use it. You can use the NHS App as well.
For more information go to www.nhs.uk/nhsapp